28.12.11

Christmas 2011!

Our Christmas this year was different, but fun. We had church in the morning and then went to someone's house for lunch. They had a pool table so we had fun playing with it. Here are some pictures from our day. Some of them my sister took and others are pix I took via Instagram.


                                          Ruth loved pool! (it is her 11th birthday today, BTW.)
Can't beat coffee and snow-man doughnuts from Krispie-Kreme!
 My mom made this neat cake! She make a sheet of chocolate cake and put whipped cream on it and rolled it up to make it look like a log. Then she frosted it and made these cute little mushrooms out of meringue. Yum!  
 
One of our Starbucks ornaments. We have a TON.
                                                                          Presents!
 My friend whom I have know since I was 4 or 5 sent me this picture of us from when my family lived in M.N. It was the sweetest thing ever. I haven't seen their family in like, 7 or 8 years. They are the best friends I have and I miss them all a ton. <3 :)




 We love old TV shows like Bonanza! This picture of Ruth is so funny--I'm not quite sure what she was doing...
 My brother knows how stinkin' much I LOVE MEL GIBSON'S MOVIE The Patriot, so for Christmas he got me the extended cut on Blu-Ray. I found out before Christmas though, because I had opened the package when it came in the mail, thinking it was another thing I had ordered. I felt so bad! MJ decided to give it to me for Christmas anyway, but he pretended it was from Santa. Here is a copy of the letter he wrote...

"Dear Maria Beasley,
I am the great Santa Claus. As you probably know, I give out epic presents to good little boys and girls who don’t sneak looks at what’s under the wrapping before the gift is given to them. And as you probably know as well, I give coal to bad little boys and girls who are so impatient that they sneak looks at what’s under the wrapping before the gift is given to them. I know what you did to your poor brother, but, since you apologized, I have decided to let you keep The Extended Cut Of “The Patriot” on Blu-ray because I am nice. However, because of what you did, I am balancing out your gift with a hearty supply of coal. Also, as punishment, you must acquire for your perfectly nice brother exactly four pictures of  [a character from a film MJ likes]  so that he can create a fake slipcover for the soundtrack disc he owns.
Remember, I know whether you’ve been naughty or nice, so, if you don’t do that, you will wake up one morning and realize that The Extended Cut Of “The Patriot” on Blu-ray has disappeared from your bookshelf. I’m always watching you !

With no respect whatsoever,
     Santa Claus"   

                                                               Jo got a "fire-mans" suit! :)   


 One of the things my Dad gave Mom was a copy of each of his books. She was so excited to receive them!

       I think this box was from mom and dad and it had an itunes gift card in it! Yay!!!! They know me well! ;)
                                 This is Micaiah's "My sister just gave me an mp3 player" face! Lol!
                    Mom and Dad gave me this beautiful new ring for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

So, that was our Christmas! It was quiet and fun. We had an awesome time together at Church remembering the real reason for Christmas, fellow-shipping at our friends house and at home being together. How was your Christmas celebration?

3 comments:

Emily Ann Putzke said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! That letter from "Santa" made me laugh! Sounds like something one of my siblings would do! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Looks like a delightful Christmas. I especially loved reading your brother's note - Oh wait - I mean Santa Clause's note! Too fun!

I like Mel Gibson movies too - Especially The Patriot!

Oh, and Starbucks ornaments are awesome. We bought four this year.

Have a blessed, productive and lively new year!

Love,
Lynnette

Rissi said...

Reading about you opening your brother's gift to you before Christmas made me smile, Maria. =)

The Patriot = awesome movie! I think I've only seen it once but it was memorable.